Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrapbook Corner


I've been busy scrapbooking, staining, painting the huge Santa and reindeer for the roof that goes with the village scene, and just general housework this weekend. At nights I've been playing around with the camera and have gotten a few neat shots, and have learned quite a few things about using external flash...loving the softness the reflected light gives things. At night in the living room, with only a few lamps on for light, when I turn my flash upwards to face the ceiling the light bounces off and lights up the subject I'm taking a picture of. It's so simple but I was abolutely amazed at the difference in the quality of the shot! You can turn the flash to bounce off of the wall also to give a different dimension to the shot, but my flash doesn't do that...that was the 200.00 flash model and I was fine with the 100.00 flash.
after the flash was directed up..natural looking light when it wasn't present

before the flash..yellow haze in the absence of daylight

the view out our back window

gorgeous color in the sunset