Friday, November 11, 2011

Normal Life...whatever that may be!

We are back on track this weekend, meaning Brandon got his homework caught up (except a Social Studies test we still need to give), and his spots are almost gone. Yay!

 The receding rash has left his nerve endings super sensitive however, and so he's been caught a few times with his shirt off, rubbing his back all over the carpet. It looks quite funny actually, and better than him using his nails and giving himself scars. I wish I had a picture of him for you all, but you'll just have to take my word for it. He had a friend over yesterday and today, and spent the rest of the day bored. Typical. He went to the movie store and rented the last Harry Potter to watch tonight, and had a visit with grandma, who came over to see how he was doing.
Mike gets so very bored on days off, and it's so bad it drives me crazy. While I love having him here and around, he can't handle being idle. When boredom sets in he gets in my way, and that sets my teeth on edge.  So he went off putzing with Christmas lights in the garage for half of the day. He spent the evening being bored too...not too bored though, as there is still some laundry to fold. And it's only Friday! I'm in trouble.
I think tomorrow he's going to figure out how to put the Santa and reindeer we made onto the roof. The lights are all out on the house and ready to be turned on during Santa Claus Night...which is December 1st this year. People in town drive around and look at lights, and they can cast a vote at various businesses for their favorite display. The winner receives a prize as well! I wasn't aware of this until last year, when surprisingly we won. We enjoy the kids in the town coming by to look, and our kids love making believe as they walk through Santa's Village. Who knows if we will win this year, but we don't care if we do or not...it's just worth it to see the smiles on the kids' faces. It keeps the Christmas spirit alive in our hearts, and brings back a warm and anticipatory childhood feeling.



yes my Santa has a caught-in-the-headlights look. don't judge me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment