Monday, March 26, 2012

MMMMMMMMonday Night MMMMMMunchies

Ok I know I just posted a totally awesome recipe last night, but I had to put off running on the treadmill to get in yet one more yummy treat for you to try this week.
Nothing in my mind goes together better than chocolate and peanuts. Mmm, I love chocolate and peanuts together more than anything; they are my weakness, and probably the reason why I am maintaining my weight after all these weeks rather than getting under 150 lbs. Seriously I can't seem to get below that damn number no matter how hard I sweat on that machine of mine. And yes, I get that I've probably added muscle to my frame which equals weight gain on the scale, but I'm so tired of the 153.2 that stares at me each Sunday. On the other hand,  I've managed to knock my size down to a size 6, and that's fabulous!
Anyways, I digress...
My love for sweets gets me into trouble more often than not, and what do I see on Pinterest last night on Facebook but a cute and family friendly recipe for Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites. And I said to myself, "Self, what's better than chocolate and peanuts but chocolate, peanuts, and pretzels!"
So the kids and I made them up tonight, and what a bunch of little gems they turned out to be!
If you all like chocolate, peanuts, and pretzels, I say make up a bunch...they keep in the fridge for a week, you can dip them in anything you like, and they are about 63 calories per piece.
Enjoy!
The recipe called for dipping in just semi sweet chocolate, but I tried that, chopped salted cashews, and butterscotch chips. I also would have used white chocolate, but didn't have any on hand.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
1 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp soft butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pretzels
2 cups semi sweet chocolate

Mix first four ingredients together, roll into walnut sized balls and sandwich a ball between two pretzels. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour to firm up.
Melt chocolate 1 minute in microwave. Stir.
Dip ends of pretzel sandwiches in chocolate and chill. Place in container in fridge up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment