Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Day of Dance

Besides Jacelyn's odd show of fever, and Charlie's usual mid-afternoon crankiness, the afternoon of watching Fame Dance Studio's Festival Showcase was wonderful. Jacelyn really wanted to watch her teacher Miss Darby dance her 17 dances, but we could only stay for acts one and part of two, so missed a lot of her solos. I personally would have loved to stay for the entire thing, as I have always loved watching dance since my aunt used to take me to her niece and daughter's recitals when I was a little girl. I have always wanted to be a dancer, and so can appreciate the time, money, and effort that goes into a year of dance. Now that we are approaching the end of the year, Jacey is chomping at the bit to be finished while at the same time already planning the next year's dance classes she wants to take. It should be interesting.
This video was taken with my Blackberry, so the quality isn't the greatest, but it's one of my favorites. It has her teacher Miss Darby in it, and is the Advanced 3 Lyrical group. Darby is the one that comes from center stage and goes to the left first, and has two-toned blonde/black hair. I was impressed with all the dancers; they were so great. I had tears in my eyes numerous times. Great job girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment