Monday, January 23, 2012

A New Reason to Watch "Idol" ?

I have given up on American Idol so many times in the past; some years stating I had had enough of reality TV and that was that, and others convincing myself I was tired of the same old stuff. I hate auditions until they go to Hollywood, where the real talent is finally weeded through, and I hate the William Hungs, the Kelly Picklers (oops I guess she made it into the limelight SOMEHOW anyways, twang and all), and the rest of the folks who are made famous by the ridiculing of others. And after Simon left I didn't want to watch at all, being as he was the only one to give it to them straight. Even with the addition of Jennifer Lopez, who, despite the rumors she is a major diva I still adore...more as an actress than a singer, I didn't watch it much at all. In fact, we didn't even know it was on at all, and stumbled across it flipping through the channels last week.
However, remember my post a while back about Jane Carrey, Jim Carrey's daughter? She auditioned last night, was given a ticket to go through, giving me a new reason to watch the Idol this year. How far will she make it I don't know. But I have a feeling she will not be riding the coat tails of her dad to get as far as she can, which is refreshing. And when she called her dad to give him the news that she made it through, he was so happy for her. His pride in her is evident, as seen on his blog www.jimcarreytrulife.com.


Now, if only I can make it through Steven Tyler's obnoxious behavior I may just enjoy watching the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment