Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Playing with my Camera

Well I've been playing around with the camera, and I've learned a lot; however there is still so much more I need to learn. I picked up a polarizing lens, and according to dad, when I turn it I should be able to see a darkening or a lightening when I look through the eye piece. I suppose I need to train my eye to the barely discernible change because I can't see the difference. All I know is that the lens is an essential addition to the collection in my camera bag. So, after Mike and I took some shots and put them on the computer, now I can see why!






Polarizing lenses give a lot of contrast when taking shots of clouds and running water or waterfalls. Also, when you take a picture of cars or anything behind glass, the glare is cut and you can see right through the window into the vehicle.
I'm just not sure which way to turn the lens to make it lighter or darker!
The zoom lens I'm still playing with, and I love how the stabilizer on the lens works. I can zoom on something 150 feet away and notice the slight tremor in my hand at keeping the heavy camera still. But the shot comes out crystal clear each time.


Until I can take in a few courses at the college in Lloydminster, I will keep playing around, trying to figure it out on my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment