Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day at the Beach

A stop on the way to take a picture with the Turtleford turtle.

This old cabin is also on the way to the lake, tucked into a grove of trees


I picked up a friend of Jacelyn's today and we headed out to the lake for the day. A 32* day sure doesn't feel that hot with a lakefront breeze blowing on you!
The kids were great...playing in the water and by the water for the entire day. I never got mad or had to yell once. I found myself relaxed for the first time in a very, very long time. I should take more time like that more often. I think with all the running around I've been doing for the last two weeks (swimming lessons in Lloydminster every day), working, and weekends spent in the yard, I've sort of burnt myself out.
From now on I'll make sure to take some more down time for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment