Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scrapbook Corner

Boy oh boy have I been catching up on my 2011-2012 scrapbook.  I had to search back to find where I had left off in my book and it was at Christmas time.  After that I recall my printer breaking down and I was so upset that I didn't even want to look at it.  I moved it here to Lloyd with the knowledge I would have to take it somewhere special to fix it (it is a 13x19 paper sized photo printer).
Instead, I did what I always do when I'm in need for knowledge: I hit the internet. 

I learned that I could do three things:
1. Take out the inks (there are six in total), and tip the entire thing upside down and shake it.  Hmm.  I wasn't really inclined to try that one out.
2. Take a damp cloth and rub all the paper feeding wheels gently.
3. Take it to a repair shop.

I tried the damp cloth, and lo and behold, it worked.  Once again I could print my 12x12 pictures.  Next I had to run to Staples to get their amazing 13x19 ink jet photo paper, which is so cheap and I love to use.  Then I came home and got to work on replacing all my ink cartridges, cleaning the ink heads inside mechanically, then printing test pages.  Over and over for an hour, and finally I hit payday.  I was so excited...yep it doesn't take much folks.  My ink cartridges will last me from now until Christmas, as I only usually change them out twice a year.  I get them off of eBay from a print shop in BC, and for 18 inks it only costs me 60 dollars, so three of each color.  If I bought them from Epson like I am supposed to it would cost me 50 dollars per ink cartridge.  It's insane.  The inks from the print shop are Epson ink, just in generic cartridges.  I figure I can't go wrong, and have been using them for years now.

Anyhow as I said I have been scrapping away this past week for a few hours when it hits my fancy, and with the kids in school I have more than enough time to do so without feeling guilty.  Here are some examples of what I've done so far.








No comments:

Post a Comment