Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rest in Peace Whitney Houston...I Will Always Love You

The heartbreaking news of Whitney Houston's passing shocked and stunned me yesterday when my aunt called to deliver the news. I have always been a fan of Whitney, and who doesn't remember her performance in "The Bodyguard"? That voice, those white teeth, and of course, her remake of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You".
Being a wild child of the 80's, and a huge fan of 70's and 80's music, I had all the must haves in music playing on my ghettoblaster at any given time. Best of all I remember my "Greatest Love Of All" tape, and putting on my mom's makeup and curling my hair into corkscrews just like Whitney's to lip sing into my mirror to "How Will I know". I knew every word.
So this video, while hard to find, was like listening to my past. It's of Whitney, fresh on the music stage in 1986, singing my favorite song. The world will miss such a beautiful talent.


And of course, this 1994 clip of Whitney, the year she won a grammy award for "I Will Always Love You". I dare you to listen without a tear in your eye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment