Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mobile Blogging is the way it's gotta be...

After my laptop pooching on me while at Elk Ridge, I have been having Internet withdrawals. I need my computer! So with all my photographs sitting and waiting to be processed in my software I decided to share a quick update via my iphone, sans pictures!! Our holidays were great in July, with the lake memories already made all I had to do was expand on them with the addition of our trip to Waskesiu. And even with a day and a half of rainy drizzle getting in our way, we still had a fabulous time...a little bit of rain never slows me down. We used the indoor pool at the resort during a rainy afternoon and then visited with some company who came to see us in the evening...some being family who drove up to see us and friends of ours who we haven't seen for a while and were already at Waskesiu themselves! Lots of laughs were had and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end what could have been a long night. We took in the sights, walked the business loop(and spent some money), and played at the beach. We rented a nice pontoon boat but only enjoyed it for a half hour before we were absolutely pelted with rain. Mike made a hasty retreat out of the thundercloud only to have it stop as we got to the dock...typical!! And what trip to Waskesiu would be complete without a waffle cone and a whiskey slew t-shirt! We are already planning our next trip back and I'm looking forward to staying in the park this time, with thoughts of enjoying tea on a patio downtown overlooking the sunset on Waskesiu lake in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment